The main objective of the Department is to prepare the students of the Kotronis Schools for their decisive role as active and conscious future citizens in order to be successful in a global setting, such as the one that is taking shape nowadays. Our intention is to widen the students’ perspectives and to adapt to the demands of the modern internationalistic society.
With this in mind, the Department of International & European Programmes encourages the participation of the School’s students in a variety of European and international programmes – conferences.
Through a holistic, student-centred, research-based approach to knowledge, our students develop skills, values and life skills that underpin the global community and enable them to become active, creative and responsible members of the world they live in, engaging in global actions on issues with international significance.
Through the implementation of these programmes, the aim is to:
- Broaden the human experience through the movement of our students and teachers to other countries on the basis of mutual understanding, respect and cooperation with other nationalities.
- Promote the practice of students and teachers in various scientific fields.
- Broaden the visual representations, knowledge and skills that our students acquire through informal learning by interacting and communicating with new cultural environments.
- Strengthen the cultural and linguistic identity in the context of a multicultural society
- Enhance the student’s ability to work in groups and to use his/her knowledge and skills to achieve collective goals.
- Learn foreign languages and cultivate cultural and social skills that take the student out of the microcosm of the school unit.
- Train our teachers in the context of Lifelong Learning, as the educational practices developed in the framework of the programmes are creatively disseminated.
The Department’s activities include:
- Cultural activities with foreign teaching associates for the promotion of customs and traditions.
- Research activities.
- Organising and participating in conferences.
- Establishing a constant network of communication with research centres, institutes, educational institutions and organisations.
- Student exchange programmes.
- Teacher exchange programmes.
- Collective initiatives on social issues.