Welcome to Kotronis Schools, a modern, youthful and creative educational institution!
Our goal is the common goal of all schools.
What is different, however, are our methods and the content of our curriculum. We try to offer a general, well-rounded education, not merely education.
This is because we believe that education is not just preparation for what may follow. It also concerns the effort of people to relate to the present. What we become as our lives evolve depends on the quality of our experiences here and now.
Thus, our school community moves away from the traditional cognitive-centred school, towards a student-centred, experiential and creative school.
We support learning by a logical process – (the one that each of us follows) – and reinforce it with multiple tools to support both vertical and lateral thinking. Music, painting, theatre, sports, business thinking and robotics – coding taught by specialised teachers in every field, providing students with a well-rounded education.
Our main concern is a school that is open to society. A school that opens people’s eyes and minds to the realities of the world and emboldens them to seek out a more just world, a world of equality and human rights for all. That is why the education we seek for young people in our school:
- Focuses on the learner, enabling them to learn through discovery and self-action.
- Is participatory and based on experience, giving joy and satisfaction without undue struggle.
- Is related, during the learning process, to reasoning (mind), emotions (heart) and activity (hand).
- Strengthens and encourages, leading the young to healthy competition and good sportsmanship which promotes their physical and mental well-being.
- Reflects on culture, (as a whole) highlighting it as a set of values and aesthetics, which define Greek uniqueness whilst investigating the different elements within a multicultural society.
- Is based on active dialogue and cultivates the politically responsible citizen who converses and consults.
At our school we united in a common cause. Students and teachers. Partners and accomplices!
What personal characteristics do we wish to cultivate after all? We would say without reservation that they are individuals:
- who take responsibility for their own destiny and the fate of society.
- who are considerate and reflective.
- who abhor certainty and question based on sound reasoning
- who are articulate and able to negotiate.
- who show tolerance and understand setbacks and can learn from them.
- who actively and creatively participate in political and social affairs.
Picasso once said that all children are born artists…. The problem is to remain artists as we grow up. Creativity does not only concern the quality of the artist, but of the person who lives with discretion, imagination, insight and spontaneity.
These are the individuals we dream of and fight for at Kotronis Schools!
President of Kotronis Schools